Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Lunchbox Keepsake

I love this project! I've been working on this for over 8 years & will continue for the next 9 years. It is a creative way to preserve all your family's school pictures...yes - I even included mine & my husbands!! The kids love looking at this project because they can see what we looked like at the exact age they are now. And it is right at their finger tips. Every year, once school pictures are out, we bring out the lunch boxes and are guaranteed to have a laugh!
A brief (or not so brief) description: I bought 2 lunch boxes at our LSS back in 2004. I believe you can find these top loading metal lunch boxes online still. I altered it by using simple black bazzill paper & some Doodlebug black & white paper. I had to use 2 lunch boxes because I divided them up. Pre-K to 4th grade in the first one. Then 5th grade to 12th grade in the next one. I made 13 tabs & labeled them Pre-K, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade.....you get the picture. I stamped the grade on each tab. I then decided on a color for each family member. I stuck with that color theme for each year. We have 5 people in our family so I made 5 cards (that were 7.5 x 6) for each tab/grade. Yes, that was 65 cards. I bought a lot of white bazzill! I then kept if very simple. Each card has a border, a blank stamp (to fill in the info you want to record. I put our full name, the school & city it was in & the year). Then I used my Cricut to cut a black circle 3 inches, a white circle 2 and a half inches & a black number (for the grade) 2 inches. All done on my Cricut with the George & Basic Shapes cartridge. I have all the cards made up already. So I simple take their school picture, mat it black & voila! Easy peasy! Any questions, email me or leave a comment. Enjoy!

First Grade






Second Grade










No comments:

Post a Comment