Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Project Life: March 9th-April 5th

Ok, so its been a month for Project life. My printer was NOT cooperating, nor my iMac. So, very long story short...bought a new computer : ) This made Danielle very happy! I am going to go through each week. As usual I picked a different core kit every week and added a bunch of embellishments from Studio Calico and way too many others to type out. If there is anything that catches your eye and I did not comment on what brand it was, just leave a comment below.

The week of March 9-15. I used a lot of black & white cards with pops of aqua. I love this color scheme. Most cards are from the Midnight kit. Title letters and washi tape are Doodlebug (which is still one of my very favorite lines.) Doodlebug stays true to their color scheme and it has been well over a decade. I can still use bits and pieces from various kits...love this! Plus the colors just make me happy!


  
Love this cute button from Flair!


 
The cork circles are from Studio Calico.

For the week of March 16 through the 22nd I used mostly green. I figured it was St. Patricks Day, in which we are in no Irish at all, but though it looked cute. This is where my printer went totally crazy...as in printing fluorescent orange!!! I thought I was going to through it out the window. But I put PL aside and just journaled in the app Cozi. This kept my sanity. Plus my husband was redoing the laundry room. A project that was supposed to take 3-4 days turned into weeks. Yes, weeks of clutter (that is more than the usual clutter in our household), all through my downstairs. Danielle was not a happy momma! But anywho, here is the week....


Once again the Doodlebug washi makes an appearance. I also used Freckled Fawn's wood veneer house




 Moving right along to my favorite week for TWO reasons. One, it's the Strawberry Kit!!!!!! Yay, sooooo in love with these colors! And second, it was the week of my girls play and they looked so beautiful. They did such an outstanding job! Sooo proud! Now, I downloaded this kit the week prior, but remember...I had NO printer...ahhhhh. Talk about being in pain! TO have the Strawberry kit and being unable to print it: pure torture! But alas, got my printer working AND a new imac and viola: happy momma once again!



I didn't add any extra pizzaz on these pages. I felt I wanted the colors to stand alone...and oh, aren't they lovely?? This week we also had the throw up bug blow threw our house. That is always a good time...NOT. And my son Addison went to West Virginia to hang with his boys. We also celebrated my mothers 73 birthday.
I did add an extra 8 x 8 page with the girls all dolled up for the play. I did all the make up for the main fairies. It was so much fun to be involved with the play : )



And here we are with the week of March 30th through April 5th. I used Amy Tangerine's Plus One kit. I got this kit from HSN, it seemed so small. I don't know if I'm just use to the core kits having so much more meat and bones to them. But I also ordered a ton of embellishments from 2 Peas and Scrapbook.com. So I had lots of fun added some Amy goodness to my pages. Love the skinny washi tape!!



This week Paulina also started a new theater group. She had tryouts for Aladdin Jr. She got the role of the Genie, which is exactly what she wanted! Her voice is like pure sunshine!


And there you have it a month of Project life. Thanks to my wonderful friend Roo to jump start this wonderful hobby for me. I look forward to many scrap dates with her. I will be linked up with Jessica lover at The Mom Creative Blog. Thank you for stopping by. And sorry for all the typo's, but I am horrible at spell check : ) have an awesome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment